The Best Way To Keep Fleas In Boston Out Of Your Home
July 17, 2022
You'll know you're in for a nasty surprise when you see fleas in your Boston home. They may be tiny, but they're one of the most troublesome pests in Boston. They bring discomfort and prove a challenge when it comes to eliminating them.
Some homeowners spray their houses to get rid of the pesky critters. Others choose to burn the items that have fleas. Both options don't yield the expected outcome. You should call pest control in Boston in the event of a flea infestation for maximum results.
What Is Attracting Fleas To My House?
There are ways fleas end up in your home. Here are some of the common ones:
- A pet that goes outside- once the flea is on your pet, it will eventually make its way into your house.
- An open door or window.
- Visitors' clothing.
- Lack of cleanliness.
- Warm conditions- they're most active in temperatures of approximately 65 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, you should set your thermostat to 64 degrees Fahrenheit or less in winter.
Fleas multiply and spread fast in conducive conditions. Note that flea bites are painful and can result in allergic reactions in pets and some individuals.
Therefore, whether it's your precious kitty or canine scratching themselves due to fleas or even yourself or a family member, that's a clear sign that you should call a professional pest control company to intervene.
Can Fleas Live On Humans?
Fleas can live on both animals and humans. However, a flea rarely lives on our skin because we don't provide the conducive environment it needs to survive and multiply. The insects will bite and then jump off.
While one or two flea bites won't hurt you, getting rid of them should be a priority. They can cause anemia in young children and the elderly. You don't have to have a pet to attract a flea infestation into your home. They might consider you the next best thing if they don't find a pet to feed on.
Can Fleas Bite People?
Yes, they can. They will mainly target your legs and feet since they're closer to the ground. They can also bite your arms if you carry a flea-infested pet close to your chest.
The bites leave a red bump on your skin, are itchy, and can cause swelling. The bites can lead to an allergic response known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) in severe cases.
FAD is rare in humans. Pets are the ones mostly affected. Proteins in the flea's saliva cause the allergic reaction. FAD usually starts half a day or an entire day after the bite. It can cause you to scratch your skin raw, which provides an opportunity for secondary infections.
How Can Urbanex Eliminate All Of The Fleas From My Home?
The solution to a pesky critter is a quality flea killer. That's precisely what Urbanex is. We're located in Nashville and serve residents in Nashville and the neighboring areas, including Boston. We can leave your Boston home flea-free in minutes using some simple techniques:
1. Inspection- we thoroughly inspect your house on arrival, especially the areas that are most likely affected.
2. Consulting you to learn your experience with the pests.
3. Using a customized service plan to match your unique situation- we use the best products for complete efficiency.
4. Frequent follow-up visits- we know fleas are stubborn. Therefore, we pop in once in a while to ensure they're gone for good.
Call us today for reliable flea control services.