Be On The Lookout For Carpenter Ants In Massachusetts
May 10, 2022
Massachusetts is a state that is rich in history and culture. It's also home to some pretty destructive pests- the carpenter ants. These little buggers can chew through wood like it's nothing, laying their eggs along the way.
If you're not careful, they can do a lot of damage to your house, furniture, and foundation. That's why it's essential to be on the lookout for them and take action fast if you spot them. Luckily, there are certified Massachusetts pest control specialists that can help resolve the issue quickly and effectively.
What Are Carpenter Ants?
Carpenter ants are a type of wood-destroying ant. They're black or red and can be anywhere from one-sixteenth to one-half inch long. They chew through wood to lay their eggs, creating tunnels and galleries as they go.
The telltale sign of an infestation includes:
- Frass: Carpenter ant frass in your home is a sawdust-like material usually found near the carpenter ants' nest.
- Carpenter ants flying in your home: If you see large numbers of carpenter ants flying inside your house, there's likely an infestation.
- Carpenter ants: If you spot black carpenter ants in your home, chances are you have a nest nearby.
As soon as you spot any signs of carpenter ants in your house, call a licensed pest control firm right away. They'll identify the nest and resolve the issue quickly and effectively.
Why Are Carpenter Ants Bad?
There are many reasons carpenter ants are bad. This includes:
- Carpenter ants can contaminate food by spreading bacteria and viruses
- Can cause allergic reactions in people
- And they can trigger asthma attacks in susceptible individuals
- They help spread other pests and parasites into your home
- Cause costly damage to furniture, wooden structures, and other items made of wood in the house
Avoid carpenter ant damage to your home by being proactive and taking action as soon as you spot them. There are certified pest control firms in Massachusetts that can help.
What Is The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants?
While solutions such as carpenter ant spray, liquid carpenter ant bait, or dust for ants can help reduce the number of carpenter ants in your house for a short amount of time. They don't completely resolve the issue. The best way to completely get rid of carpenter ants in Massachusetts is by calling certified pest control firms.
Certified pest control firms offer effective solutions to eliminate carpenter ants in your home. They can locate and destroy nests with the help of advanced detection methods and the latest technologies.
You can limit the possibility of carpenter ants getting into your home by taking preventive measures such as:
- Sealing the cracks, crevices, and other entry points
- Use dehumidifiers to keep the air in your home dry
- Repairing water leaks and removing wet or damp wood from the exterior of your house
- Regularly inspect the exterior of your home for signs of carpenter ants
- Keep woodpiles, stumps, and trees away from your house.
If you take these preventive measures and call certified pest control firms when you see signs of carpenter ants, you can keep them from causing costly damage to your home.
How To Keep Carpenter Ants From Coming Back
As a property owner, the last thing you want is to have carpenter ants come back once you've gotten rid of these pests. The wise thing to do is to call a professional pest exterminator. Consult Urbanex for the best tips to keep carpenter ants from coming back.
Our team can recommend practical and affordable solutions to keep carpenter ants away from your home. So, what are you waiting for? Contact our team of friendly professionals at Urbanex today for a free consultation.