The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants On Your Nashville, TN Property
September 3, 2021
If you live in Nashville, Tennessee, you are probably familiar with ants. For the most part, you probably consider ants to be a nuisance and not dangerous. You aren't alone in thinking this, but the truth is some ant species can be dangerous.
Common ant species in the area include:
- Odorous house ants are 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch and are black to dark brown. They get their name from the smell they give off when crushed.
- Fire ants are 1/8 to ¼ of an inch and are red and black. This species is highly aggressive and will swarm if threatened.
- Argentine ants are 1/16 of an inch and are light to dark brown. Colonies of this species are massive, making them difficult to get rid of.
- Carpenter ants are ½ to 5/8 of an inch long, are usually black, but can be reddish as well. This species is sometimes confused for termites because they tunnel through wood. However, they don't eat wood. Instead, they chew through wood to create galleries and nests.
No matter what the species is, none are welcome in any Nashville home. All ant species are hard to prevent and difficult to get rid of.
Getting Rid Of An Ant Infestation
There are several reasons why an ant infestation is hard to get rid of on your own. These factors include:
- The species you are dealing with
- The size of the colony
- The location of the nest
- What entry points are the ants using to get into your home
- What is attracting ants to your property
As tempting as over-the-counter products is with their promise to kill the ants in your home, they just don't get the job done. Store-bought sprays and traps don't get rid of entire infestations, can be dangerous to use, and can even worsen the problem. Don't waste your time, money, and energy by trying to get rid of an ant infestation on your own. Instead, let professionals handle it.
Urban's Ant Control Program
The best way to tackle an ant infestation in Nashville, Tennessee, is with Urbanex's ant control program. Once your property has had a thorough inspection, our home control process includes:
- The initial services utilize a full repellent product to drive pests away, a full-non repellant product on the exterior, application of a granular treatment spread on your yard, and a 3x3ft. liquid barrier power spray around the base of the property.
- The back-to-back service occurs a month after the initial service to apply a protective barrier outside. The purpose of this visit is to break the egg cycle.
- The bi-monthly service happens every other month to maintain the protective barrier.
- Finally, Urbanex offers complimentary re-treatments if you experience pests in-between bi- monthly services.
When dealing with ants, you also need to be mindful of what you do day-to-day. The experts at Urbanex have several tips to help you keep ants off your Nashville property.
Ant Prevention Tips From Professionals
Ant prevention can prove difficult due to the nature of ants and how easily they can get inside a property. But with Urbanex's ongoing assistance and the implementation of these prevention tips, you can keep them away by:
- Repairing any cracks in the foundation and spaces around windows and doors.
- Replacing any water-damaged wood on both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Removing potential harborage areas such as tree stumps, leaf and woodpiles, and other yard debris.
- Routinely clean under heavy appliances and inside cabinets.
- Keep tight-fitting lids on all garbage and recycling bins.
- Keep floors and countertops clean of crumbs and spills.
Don't forget to call Urbanex to set up your free inspection so our experts can assist you with the removal of ants and so you can plan ahead with our ongoing prevention plans and services.