Getting Rid Of Roaches For Good In Your Nashville Home
December 1, 2022
Roaches in the house are never fun to find. Unfortunately, even the cleanest houses are subject to roach infestations, especially in busy cities like Nashville. If there is a cockroach infestation in your Nashville home, we suggest you choose professional help to ensure these insects go away for good. Urbanex has been Nashville’s pest control solution since 2015. Give us a call today and take back your home from roaches for good.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
If you want to get rid of roaches in your apartment or house, it is important that you learn how to spot an infestation.
Here are the signs of a cockroach infestation to watch out for:
- Musty odor: The bigger the infestation, the more pungent the odor will be.
- Cockroach feces: If you see droppings that look like ground pepper, this could indicate a bigger infestation.
- Roach body parts: Can be found around the house or near cockroach nests.
- Egg capsules: Female roaches can carry up to 30 tiny nymph roaches at a time; roach eggs can be found near their nests.
- Shed skins: These can usually be found by their nests or where roaches find shelter.
If you notice any signs of roaches inside your Nashville home, we suggest you reach out to professional pest control experts to help you get rid of these insects.
Cockroaches are more than terror-inducing; they also pose a serious health threat to humans and pets. Keep reading to learn what diseases they can spread to your loved ones, as well as preventive tips to keep roaches away.
Roaches In Your Home Can Be Hazardous To Your Health
Because cockroaches in Nashville eat from the trash and can squeeze in almost through any space or pipe, they carry an incredible number of diseases. If you see roach signs or cockroach eggs in your home, it is important to act promptly.
Roaches are known to worsen allergy and asthma symptoms, but they can also spread different gastrointestinal diseases. Among the most common diseases that can be passed from roaches to humans are salmonellosis, typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery, E. coli infection, listeriosis, and giardia. These can cause serious symptoms like diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Call us for a free inspection and prevent your loved ones from getting sick. Keep reading to learn techniques to keep your home roach-free.
The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Home
The best way to get rid of roaches for good is through a comprehensive pest management plan. A professional home inspection is key to identifying any entry points and roach breeding signs. At Urbanex, we provide a four-part service, which includes treatment inside and outside of your home, as well as follow-up visits, to make sure that your house is roach-free. Schedule your free initial inspection today, to get started on our Nashville cockroach control services.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Roach Problems In Your Home
Once your roach problem has been eliminated, it's important to take steps to prevent these pests from returning. Try these tips to keep roaches away:
- Seal any entry points into your home: Close any gaps around your windows and doors and seal up cracks.
- Keep the kitchen extra clean: Any type of food left outside or on the floor may be attractive to roaches, which are always looking for a snack. Take proactive care by never giving them a reason to be in your kitchen.
- Store food in sealed containers: This helps keep roaches away (as well as other insects and rodents).
- Eliminate water sources and moist spaces: Cockroaches love to get into damp spaces, so fixing leaky faucets and pipes is key. A dehumidifier might be a good option for some homes, depending on the humidity.
- Set up a treatment and prevention plan with Urbanex: If you are seeking a professional cockroach remedy, call us for a free inspection. We have more than 25 years of experience and we know the cockroach facts, as well as how to eliminate these insects.
Cockroaches in Nashville can get even into the cleanest homes. However, with the right professional help and preventive pest management plan, roaches won’t be a part of your life for much longer. Call Urbanex, your Nashville pest control solution, today and reclaim your house from roaches for good.